Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Sun's Arc

This morning as I was finishing my meditation time, I glanced over my right shoulder to look out the back window of my dining room. The sun was just coming up in its fullness, ready to make its effortless arc over my home throughout the day and set again in the west, as it does every day.

It made me think of all the things in nature today that will do exactly what they were created to do, without stress, without effort, and without my help or management of them. Nothing in nature today needs my help to do what they will do.

If I were to live as naturally as the sun's arc, what would that look like? If I were to travel my destined course each day, being true to the purity of the created me, what would that look like? If I were to follow my path as the sun follows its path, what would that look like? If I lived into my true created nature, what would that look like?

Then I started thinking of the invitation, "Be still and know that I am God." And I started thinking about the beautiful circular nature of that invitation. Relax, cease striving, calm down ~ and when we do, we will have time and space in our now-calmed craziness to really understand the true nature of God. And the more we understand the true nature of God, the more we will relax, cease striving, calm down and be still.

I like the way this day started.

No comments: