Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fruit FOR the Spirit

It's a well-documented fact in psychology that people who use and enjoy their senses are more psychologically healthy. They just enjoy life more! So I decided to enjoy several of my senses by making this for this cold and snowy winter evening, and get this recipe into a form that I could access easily by putting it in my blog. Jesus told me to pay attention to the lilies and the birds, and fruit is also one of life's bestest natural gifts!

My thanks to Vicky from the Sheridan MOPS for bringing this lovely to the meeting I spoke at Friday, and then for being so gracious to pass the recipe on.

I made it tonight with a breakfast casserole for dinner and my family is happy with me. All in all, this has been a soul-satisfying experience!

The fruit is incredibly easy.

1 Large can of sliced peaches, drained

1 Large can of sliced pears, drained

1 Large can of pineapple chunks, drained

1 Large can of mandarin oranges, drained

1 can of cherry pie filling

1 jar of apple sauce

1/2 cup of brown sugar

cinnamon to taste



Mix apple sauce, pie filling, brown sugar and cinnamon in crock pot. Add fruit and mix. Cook on high for 2 hours.

No comments: